Thursday, October 15, 2009

Random Happenings

I don't have anything specific to write about, but since I haven't updated my blog since AUGUST, I thought I should let you know what was happening in our lives. Here's a few snapshots to update you:


Eli's buddy Kooper gave him this hat a few weeks, maybe even months ago. We go thru phases, but usually this hat is on his head! He sleeps with it on, plays with it on, rides in the car with it on, all while telling everyone he meets, "This my friend Kooper's hat. My friend Kooper give me this hat!" Thanks, Koop!

This is not a typical pose for these 2. They LOVE to always be with each other. They have to know where the other one is, BUT they fight like crazy!! You know what I'm talking about, "he's touching me!" "Sophia not sharing!" and even as I type this, "Eli yelled at me!" I'm told that this is pay back for how my husband Todd and his younger sister, Sara fought with each other. Thanks, Todd and Sara!
It's inevitable. All kids do it at least once, right? Well, it still nearly brought me to tears. Sophia, gave herself a haircut!!

So we went to my cousin Sarah for an emergency new cut for Sophia.



I would NEVER tell her this, but I'm almost glad she cut her hair! Her new cut is so cute and soooo much easier!




Madelyn's first day of 3rd grade



Standing by her new classroom. This year she has Maestra Suero.



Best buds Sophia and Kennedy.



Sophia's first day of preschool. She has Maestra De Leon. She goes 3 afternoons a week and loves it!!



Standing outside her classroom


We decided it was time to put a sidewalk out front. I forgot to take "after" pictures, but will update you soon.



Thank you, Vruggink, Bros!



The kids LOVED to watch the men working!


Todd and I needed a little break this fall, so we went to Chicago for 2 nights without kids!! We went with good friends of ours, Tim and Dawn and had an awesome time! It's definitely something we want to do again.


Todd and I in Chicago


I watch my niece, Ellie every once in awhile which is so much fun! She's definitely a ball of energy and is hilarious to watch! She may be a little mischievous sometimes, as my kids are. This day I told Ellie and Eli NOT to play in the pile of dirt (left over from the sidewalk). Maybe they didn't hear me?!?!



My sister, Lisa and I had the privilege of helping to coordinate a premiere this September for the next video in the That The World May Know Faith Lesson Series. It was an amazing night and we could feel God's presence there. We also were able to work with Amanda from TIG. SO much fun!!

Todd and I at the premiere which was held at Holland Christian
Sophia went on her first field trip last week to Teusinks Farm. It was a little rainy and cold, but the kids did great and we all had a good time. Here she is deep in conversation with Silas.



On the hayride. Luckily we had a covered wagon to ride on and we didn't get wet!



Sophia riding the pony. Some of the kids were a little fearful, but not Sophia!



Sophia's class with their teacher Maestra De Leon (right), and her assistant Maestra Haak.


This was about as enthusiastic as Sophia got about petting the animals. ONE finger! :)





5 comments:

Sarah Geelhoed said...

Awesome update! nice pics too! ps. the jacket looked awesome.

aelders said...

Thanks for being my personal shopper, Sarah! You can have that job anytime you want...I had soo much fun!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Alison,
It looks like you are keeping yourself busy! Thanks for the pictures!

The Rotman's said...

Love all the updates.. cute pics. I love the one of Eli with teh spiderman hat. I can't wait to show Koop. He'll be excited, no doubt.

Rach said...

YES! love the update and especially love the pictures