Friday, December 11, 2009

Fulfillment

"Your needs and My riches are a perfect fit.
I never meant you to be self sufficient. Instead, I
designed you to need Me not only for daily bread but also
for fulfillment of deep yearnings. I carefully crafted your
longings and feelings of incompleteness, to point you to
Me. Therefore, do not try to bury or deny these feelings.
Beware also of trying to pacify these longings with lesser
gods: people, possessions, power."
"Come to Me in all your neediness, with defenses down and
with desire to be blessed. As you spend time in My presence,
your deepest longings are fulfilled. Rejoice in your neediness,
which enables you to find intimate completion in Me."
Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
I don't know about all of you, but I find it hard especially at Christmas to focus on Him! I know that sounds crazy because I know and believe the true meaning of the season, but I still get bogged down with the ways of the world. I love all of the things that coincide with this time of year: the candy making, the decorating, Christmas programs, and holiday gatherings. These are all great ways to celebrate our Savior's birth, but come second to the one thing that can fulfill all your needs. I pray for myself this holiday season that I celebrate. That I make the candy, decorate the house, go enjoy the Christmas programs and laugh with family at the holiday gatherings, but before all of those things, I pray that I whole-heartedly fill myself with Jesus Christ and allow Him to complete me! I pray the same for all of you.
Merry Christmas! Enjoy and celebrate that His riches and our needs are a perfect fit!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great reminder! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

You continue to bless me. Dad

LJFredricks said...

amen!

Heidi said...

Thanks for this reminder Al! I needed to hear that! :)