Thursday, April 17, 2008

My first post!

Well, it's official. I'm a BLOGGER! I still don't know how half of this technology works, but I'm going to try my best. I guess I'll start by telling you a little about me and my family. My husband (Todd) and I have 3 beautiful children. Madelyn is 6, actually she'll be 7 on Sunday. (I know what you're thinking, and yes..I'm very old!) Sophia is 2 (3 in June), and Eli is 1. We are increasingly busy. Oh yeah, and we're living in my parents basement because we don't have a livable home of our own! We decided to buy and restore an old farm house. Well....7 months later, we're still restoring. It's going pretty well and we can start to see an end in sight, but it hasn't been easy. I guess that's what most of this blog is going to be about until that project slows down a bit and I can write about something more interesting.











HOME SWEET HOME!!












A VIEW FROM THE SIDE












This is the first day we were able to get in the house. We started demo RIGHT AWAY!



Because of some unknown structural issues, we had to remove the entire 2nd story!

We found some pages from an old Dutch Bible in the attic that we tore down. The New 2nd story! Todd's room! (The addition)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alison, It looks great! I would love to see more pictures! You need to hurry and get all your work finished so we can pictures of your kids!!!!

Debbi's Blog said...

AL- welcome to blog world!!!
this is great!

Come see mine-and have fun living in the basement- sounds like a Saturday Night Live skit!
xo
Debbi

http://alamoheightsunitedmethodistchurch.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

Hey Al,
Way to to with the blog! I'm super excited to keep up with everything via the internet! The house is looking great, I can't wait to see all the work you guys have done come together!

Sarah Geelhoed said...

WOW! the house looks awesome. I haven't been out to see it since the very begining....i can't believe how much you are doing!!

Tripp said...

Welcome to the blogger world Al. You have a beautiful family and an awesome house. That will be so nice when you guys get finished...lots of character. I also have a blog so I will email my address back to you :)