Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer's half over!!

I can't believe that there's only 1 more month of summer vacation and then the kids go back to school and I go back to reality!! We've had such an amazing summer so far. I thought that instead of just talking about it, I'd tell you in pictures!! Enjoy!!


At the end of June, we went camping with my cousin Sarah and her boys: Timmy and Jared. We had a blast and were joined by our husbands at the end of the week. The really fun part was that my Mom's side of the family were all on the other side of the lake in cottages. We had a blast!! We also celebrated Sophia's 4th birthday while we were there.



Sophia's Birthday Party in the camper...it was SOOOOO HOT we had to move the celebration inside!



Timmy Geelhoed








Madelyn learned to knee-board!! I did too thanks to Sarah!!





This.....well, this is trouble!! This is my cousin Paul, Steve (Sarah's hubby), and Todd




Greg and Lisa visited for a day...here's Sophia holding Grace.


Every summer when my sister Michelle and her family come to Michigan, my Dad "Grandpa" takes all of the Grandkids out for a day of fun. This year there were 2 days. . . One to John Ball Zoo and the other to Crazy Bounce. The kids had a riot!!


















I see these 2 (Sophia and Garrett) holding hands. . I was glad this time I caught it on film!!







We were also able to celebrate with Greg and Lisa when they baptised Grace. We gathered at Mom and Dad's for a lunch after the baptism.








A lot of time was spent at the pool this summer too. The kids LOVE to swim and are getting really confident with their pool skills! Sophia is swimming by herself underwater. !!



All 15 Grandkids: From oldest to youngest/left to right:
Clayton, Ben, Chloe, Madelyn, Hannah, Jacob, Lydia, Sarah, Amaya, Garrett, Sophia, Sam, Ellie, Eli, Grace. Whew!




Just this past weekend we took off for a little road trip. We went to a deer park in Coloma and then made our way to Indiana where we stopped at Bass Pro Shops.







I hope you are all having as full a summer as we are!!!





















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah an elders post! When did Sophia start swimming under water? I must have missed that one! Enjoy the rest of your summer! You look great by the way!

LJFredricks said...

Love all the pictures!! It felt like I was there experiencing it with you!!

The Rotman's said...

Such cute pics. Looks like you guys are having a great summer. Kennedy is jealous that the kids were able to ride on the camel at the zoo. She really wanted to but the line was super long when we were there and dad said we weren't going to wait. :-) Sophia will have to tell her all about the experience.