Thursday, August 6, 2009

"The Chimney"

I'm writing this post especially for my Dad. Tonight at supper time, Sophia wanted to pray, and she did. She thanked God for the food and for her family and for being able to go to Ellie's house and play today. As he does every time Sophia does anything, Eli wanted to pray too. So bowed his head and prayed (with his eyes SOOO tight and hands folded). He thanked God for "food, famy (Eli for family), Grandma house, and push chimney....AMEN.

Todd and I just looked at eachother and laughed. I'll try to explain. Ever time we visit my parents, the kids all go into Grandpa's office and ask to "push the chimney". Grandpa has an M&M dispenser which has a chimney.....when pushed, M&M's come out. Having just been there this afternoon, that's what Eli was thankful for.

SO, thanks, Dad for letting him "push chimney"!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! That is a great thing for he to be thankful for!

Debbi's Blog said...

love it!!

LJFredricks said...

Awesome! Great post! I love listening to kids pray!

RVL said...

I love it! That chimney has become a real wonderful thing to me as the kids come to see me every time! But best of all, I love it when I hear you have your kids pray! That's the best. Love, Dad

Rach said...

super cute!