Saturday, August 8, 2009

Here comes the rain

I woke up this morning to the sound of raindrops. With the rain soon came thunder and lightening. Most people might consider this a gloomy day, especially in the midst of the summer season, but I love a good rain shower. It reminds me of when I was little and a storm would come. I'd go outside underneath a metal rooftop and listen as the rain fell. My Mom would tell me stories of her going outside and watching storms come in with her Dad, a man I met, but don't remember.

Now that I've grown up into an "adult", I still can't help soaking up the sights and sounds that bring back those memories. In a strange way it also makes me feel so blessed. God has blessed me with a home to be safe, dry and warm in during the storm....and has filled this home with a wonderful family. Thank you God for giving me everything that I need to survive the storm outside and the "storms" that may come in my life. I am so thankful!

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants." Deuteronomy 32:2

3 comments:

EVL said...

how sweet Alison! Keep that teaching coming!!! What a wonderful reminder of my Dad. Sure wish he could play cards with us. We would have FUN but he might win.
Mom

LJFredricks said...

So true! Great post. I love storms for the same reasons. They make me all sentimental and stuff

RVL said...

It brings back memories of you too! Dad