Sunday, December 14, 2008

Candy Friday

I make Christmas candy every year. This year I decided to invite some helpers! I invited all of my Aunts and cousins on the Feyen side. I was amazed when most of them could come! In the morning we had 9 kids (5 and under!), and 7 adults. After lunch a lot of the Moms with kids went home, but we still had 3 kids and 6 Moms. It was such a fun day! We had good conversation and YUMMY candy to snack on ....all day!

Before the candy making started, the kids needed to let out some steam. Here they are playing duck-duck-goose with Aunt Charity...



Having a snack break...

My Grandma and Aunt Judy, dipping away! I put them right to work!!

Sophia, my baker, loves to do whatever Mommy is doing! Here's my little helper dipping candy.



Tim and Sophia played so nicely together in the afternoon!



This is my Mom and her youngest sister, Judy! Good looks runs in the family!! (They need to thank me for not putting in the other pictures that I was threatening to publish!) You're welcome, ladies!



It was a great day! Hopefully we'll make this an annual event.



5 comments:

Rach said...

So bummed we couldn't make it. My girls are finally starting to feel better. Stella's double eye infection has cleared and Fia's "drippy stinkies" as she calls it are also back to normal (finally). PLEASE make this a tradition so we can come next year. Either way, I would LOVE to get together for a playdate with aunts and cousins. Looks like you guys had a blast.

LJFredricks said...

It was a great day! Thanks for hosting!

Tripp said...

I wanted to see some pictures of the completed project :)

aelders said...

HHHMMMM...the finished product. Well, I would gladly post some pics of that, but....well I didn't take any and now........let me just say, they were YUMMY!!!

Julia Mary said...

Oh fun!!!! It's times like this that I wish I lived in Michigan!