Monday, January 12, 2009

Vander Laan Christmas

I have recently recieved a friendly reminder that I'm slacking on my posts! Aparently I haven't posted since December 12......ahhhh, what would we do without sisters? Thanks again, LISA!!

Anyway, I have a lot to catch you up on. We had a very blessed Christmas this year. I've always known the real reason that we celebrate, but I think I learn that lesson more and more every year. I get so much enjoyment out of my kids singing Christmas songs, reading with them about the birth of Jesus and watching them open their presents! God has provided everything that we've needed this past year and so much more than we've needed too!

To start off our Christmas celebration was the Feyen family Christmas party at my parents house. There were maybe 40 people there, I think. My mom comes from a family of 8 kids, so when we all get together it's a little busy! Because of all that business, I forgot to get my camera out and take pictures....oops!

Our next party was with my parents and brothers and sisters. Unfortunately because Michelle and Chris live so far away, we weren't able to celebrate with them, but thought of them often throughout the night!! We start with appetizers....everyone makes one and then we get to the presents! Here are a few pics from that night:



The Vander Laan grandkids! Lydia, Madelyn, Sophia, Ellie, Jacob, Garrett, Clayton, Eli, Chloe and Amaya. (Not pictured are: Ben, Hannah, Sarah, Sam, and baby Fredricks due in March)

Sophia and Gar-bear!






























































1 comment:

LJFredricks said...

Um touchy touchy!! JK!