Friday, October 24, 2008

A hunter's widow!

Last night Todd went hunting for the first time all year! I know, it's been a crazy fall and he hasn't had a chance to get out into the woods yet. So he went to a piece of property that he recently got permission to hunt. He usually stays out until about dark thirty and then I get a call that he's down from his tree stand and on his way home. I think he calls partly to let me know he didn't fall out of the tree or accidentically shoot himself, and partly so that I know to start making his dinner!! :) Either way, I got the phone call at dark thirty that said he was out of his tree stand and on his way home......with an 8 point buck! On his first night of hunting, on a new peice of property! Needless to say, he was a little excited! Anyone who knows Todd knows that he's very easy going and doesn't get overly enthusiastic often...but this was the exception! His voice was a little shaky and he was thrilled!

He walked in the door this morning after getting rained out at work and wanted me to get the kids dressed so we could go outside and take some pictures with his buck (now hanging in the barn.....eeeww!) We got some great pictures! Take a look....

Todd and his first buck of the season! Way to go, DEER!! (hehehe)

Todd and the kids...
Eli just grabbed onto the antlers and wouldn't let go!




4 comments:

LJFredricks said...

You are the man Todd! Does this mean you are cooking a venison meal for us? I'll bring the corn.

The Rotman's said...

Congrats on the buck!! Todd musta stopped by Bryan's work to show it off as I heard all about it at lunch. He said it was a nice one and the pics confirm it!

Rach said...

Awesome. Please tell me that you will either make venison jerky (the most delicious food in the world) or will get the head mounted on the wall

Tripp said...

Dark thirty, HA!