Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Today is the 9Th time that I was able to celebrate Mother's Day as a Mom. The busyness of the day/weekend is now behind us and I'm left here in the quiet of the afternoon to reflect. Being a Mom is the hardest thing that I've ever done! It's a thankless job. We don't get a paycheck or a Christmas bonus. There's no paid time off and we don't quite at 5:00. But at the end of the day I can say that I had the privilege of raising God's children. God has blessed me with 3 beautiful kids that I get to teach about the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ! To me that is the most important job in the world!


Now I have to say thank you to my Mom, who taught me what it means to be a loving, god-fearing woman and mother. She taught me through her words about loving Jesus, but I think I learned more from her actions!! Thank you Mom!! I love and admire you so much!!


Happy Mother's Day to all of you Mother's out there! Know that you are giving your kids an inheritance that will last forever!!

3 comments:

LJFredricks said...

Happy Mothers Day!! CUTE PICTURE!!

RVL said...

Pretty proud of you as both daughter and mother! Great job! Dad

EVL said...

Thank you Alison! I too, have a priveledge of 8 children and 15 grandchildren. I am very blessed! Your words are encouraging to me.