Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sweet Sophia

Normally I like to post a little something about each of my kids, but Sophia has really been in the forefront of my mind lately!! For those of you who don't know Sophia, she is the child who makes me cry the hardest and laugh the loudest. :) She's going to be my perfectionist. She likes things just so! She's also incredibly bright. She loves puzzles and can do a 50 piece puzzle with the small pieces by herself. Not bad for a 3 year old! She also knows her alphabet, can write her name, and has a memory like.....well, like my sister-in-law, Charity! She hears something and it's ingrained in her brain!

Like last week when she was asking me about heaven:

Sophia: How do we get to heaven....do we drive there?
Me: No, Jesus takes us to heaven!
Sophia: Does Jesus take our soul when we go to heaven?
Me: (shock) Um......well, go play!! (I did explain a little about heaven and her soul!!)

Besides being very smart, she's also the dickens! She's very mischievous, but in a way that USUALLY makes me laugh...mostly on the inside, but sometimes I let a little giggle slip when disciplining! Like this:

Sophia: Mom, can I have a snack?
ME: No, Sophia, we just finished lunch 15 minutes ago.
Sophia: Ok......(15 minutes later), Mom, can I have a snack?
ME: (I notice that she has a sucker stick in her hair) Sophia, did you already have a snack?
Sophia: No (A little sparkle in her eye).
ME: You didn't have a sucker?
Sophia: No
ME: Then what's stuck in your hair?
Sophia: (Noticing the stick and pulling it out of her now super sticky hair)...I think I DID have a sucker!

Priceless. And just today:

Sophia: Mom, Madelyn's eating chips!!
Me: Madelyn, are you eating chips? We're going to have lunch in a few minutes.
Madelyn: No, I promise, I'm not!
ME: Madelyn, did you have chips?
Madelyn: Mom, I didn't!!!
Sophia: (In a whisper)...Mom, smell her breathe!!

OH, Sophia, you are going to make a great Mom someday!!

So that's a little glimpse of what it's like to be Sophia's Mom! I'm so lucky!




2 comments:

LJFredricks said...

Seriously, that girl is hilarious! Too cute! Thanks for sharing!

The Rotman's said...

She is a sweetie. Those were great@